Friday 26 July 2013

Drury Lane



When latte art is murdered by adding sugar it breaks my heart into itty bitty bits

Banana Bread with Espresso Butter - $2.50

Flat White, Cappuccino,  Banana Bread
My mission this summer holiday was to visit as many independent cafes as possible. There is something quite special about sitting on wooden-pallet-cushioned chairs with a blend of independently-sourced coffee in a mismatched acme mug.

Needless to say, Drury Lane did not disappoint.

I don't even remember where I first heard about this cafe, given that they have just started up. It's promising. It's a teensy tiny gem in the middle of Tanjong Pajar which I have pledged to frequent whenever I am nearby (i.e. every week)

I keep forgetting that I have a choice when it comes to the blend of the day. What use is choice if I don't take advantage of it? But the coffee I was served was good. Definitely one of my top favourites. I strictly refuse to put sugar into my coffee because I am a coffee purist. This blend was beautiful and velvety. 

The banana bread was lovely. It had a perfect ratio of dry, crumbly cake-y bits to moist, buttery creamy bits. The espresso butter had the distinct crunch of sugar crystals. 

The cafe was too precious. I am coming back for brunch. Their menu seems like one I could eat every week and never get bored of. I kept eyeing the greek yogurt with muesli. It's isn't obnoxiously overpriced the way artisanal cafes tend to be. Especially one that does a mean-sounding brunch on the weekends. 

It was lovely and quaint and quiet in the evening when I visited. The perfect place to write my dissertation in peace while nursing (several) cups of quality caffeine. And, let's be honest, probably several servings of greek yogurt as well.

Address:
94 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore 088515
Opening Hours:
Mon: 09:00 - 22:00 Wed - Fri: 09:00 - 22:00 Sat - Sun: 10:00 - 18:00

No comments:

Post a Comment