Saturday 20 July 2013

Lucuma Granola

Granola is my sweetest downfall. I love making it at home. You know what's in it, you control what's in it. I love my raisins and slivered almonds and clusters.

I decided to use the lucuma powder I got free from Naturya. I had never tried Lucuma before but figured I would love it. Why? Lucuma, according to gazillions of people on the interwebz, has a pumpkin, caramelised sort of flavour.

I love pumpkin, I love caramel.

And now, I love this Granola.

I also discovered a neat little trick to make your itty bitty bits of granola into nice, chunky granola clusters. Plus it adds a nice bit of protein. Yes, my lovelies, we are talking once again about the magical mystical powers of egg whites.

So here is my base recipe for my lucuma granola, plus an extra add-on if you like clusters (you do)
I tend to make super small batches of granola and never measure ANYTHING, becuase that way you get a fresh, new, surprising batch every three to four days.

Although, in all honesty, this batch lasted me drafting this post.

Lucuma Granola
1/2 cup rolled oats // 1/4 cup raw quinoa // 1 tbsp agave syrup // 1/4 cup slivered almonds // 1/4 cup sunflower seeds // 1 tbsp lucuma powder // 1/4 cup black raisins
Add all the ingredients, except the raisins, into a fancy mixing bowl and stir well. Stir with a spoon, not your fingers. Because it get's messy (trust me, I know). Toast in a 100 degree C oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let it cool, add the raisins and inhale (i mean, eat with reckless abandon)

Cluster-up your granola 
1 recipe lucuma granola (untoasted) // 1 egg white
whisk egg white until foamy. Use some elbow grease, this granola will reward you for it. Stir carefully into the raw granola. Toast as instructed above, but take care not to break many egg white foamy-bits. when cool, add raisins and consume with reckless abandon.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment