Monday 19 August 2013

Avocado Baked Eggs

When it comes to food trends, I like to think of myself as someone who makes up her own mind and doesn't bother with the latest blend-a-frozen-banana-into-a-healthy-soft-serve fad.

Until this.

I am a pinterester. And pinterest is great. It's fab. Except it leaves me with an overwhelming need to cook up gourmet feasts and devour it all. All by myself, of course.

Usually I kill this desire by popping a vat of popcorn and distracting myself with endless FRIENDS episodes. But when I saw baked-eggs-in-a-creamy-avocado-basket, no comedy or popped grain could have ever eased my mind until I had a go.



Avocados, buttery and like edible velvet in your mouth. They are hard to come by in my household. When my dad came back with three gorgeous, silky avocado pears, I knew immediately.

Time to whip up some avocado baked eggs. 


Avocado baked Eggs
1 Ripe Avocado // 2 eggs // salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 210 degrees C. Slice your perfect avocado pear into two equal halves, and remove the seed. Using a spoon, scoop out a little flesh of the avocado around the pit to deepen it and make more room for your egg to nestle in. Crack one egg into a shallow dish, spoon the yolk into the avocado carefully and fill up with as much white that can fit. Repeat with other half. (You may make little U-shaped aluminium foil structures to balance your avocado and keep it from wobbling). Season to taste and bake 10-15 minutes, depending on your firm you like your eggs. I like mine served with my spicy salsa.

1 comment:

  1. I love you blog, great recipe but I don't have oven :(

    ReplyDelete